1. About us
CARISSIMUS is an online digital platform that offers products, applications and services, aimed at individuals and organizations with collections of classic and modern cars.
includes when you visit or use our services online and we collect your personal information. The term CARISSIMUS as used includes:
- The website at www.carissimus.com
- Social media or official CARISSIMUS content on other websites
- Our devices and Applications ( "Apps")
- Any other webpages or sites related to the functioning of CARISSIMUS.com
These policies also relate to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
For the purposes of this policy, the controller is:
White Cat Partners Company Limited, number 11686807; and whose registered office is in Devonshire House, 582 Honeypot Lane, Stanmore, Middlesex, United Kingdom, HA7 1JS
CARISSIMUS is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about the data we hold, and whenever possible giving you control over how we use it.
It is important that you read this policy to understand the information we have about you, how we use it and how you can access or update your information, modify your
preferences or request deletion of your personal data.
- What information CARISSIMUS collects about you
- How CARISSIMUS collects and uses information about you
- Discloses your data to any other third party
- The options available to you regarding the personal information you provide to us
- When and how data can be shared with third parties.
Amendments and updates to this Policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of the information we collect.
Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
We use your information conforming to all applicable laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information from time to time in force, including the Data
Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2011 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), and including
any amendments or updates to these and any equivalent or successor applicable laws and regulations.
2. Information collected and how we use it
Information provided by the user to access the website
Although, in general speaking information of users is not collected by CARISSIMUS, sometimes as part of the process of using the website, its services and applications,
we may collect your name, phone number, email address and other data as well as details of your vehicle and your IP address, in order to share it with others.
We may also use your name, email address and vehicle registration for regulatory and security purposes, to register your account. In those cases where the user wishes to share
information including for the purposes of selling vehicles or parts, it will be possible to place an ad, confirm that the ad has been published, receive communications about
how to access and manage the account and ad.
We may also use the information you provide for records and internal business purposes, including to analyze and develop our products and services and the Website.
Information you provide when you browse or use services on the Website
To create an account or use our services, we will collect your email address and chosen password. Once you have registered you can edit your personal information
on your account. If you log on via Facebook or other social media accounts, these sites can automatically give access to limited personal information (including
your account name and email address) in order to verify if identified with your site . Once you have logged on to our website and use the Website your data will
When you use the Website we will also collect your IP address.
Information we collect if you use our Mobile Applications
If you choose to download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile
device, including a unique identifier for your device.
We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow
you to control or disable location services within the mobile device’s settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend
you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your device.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide and manage the website and related services and manage internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, surveys
for statistical purposes, and to develop the website and our products and services.
- Generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the Website. We use this information to assist us in developing relevant content on the Website.
- Provide customers who have opted-in to receive marketing communications, with relevant and timely offers by email a user friendly online search experience. This
- Identify the location of visitors, to block disruptive or fraudulent use, to establish the number of visits from different countries.
Lawful basis we use to process your information
- We process your data in accordance with legal requirements set out below. We may process information you provide based on more than one law or jurisdiction of
law depending on the specific purpose for which we are using it.
- Contract: To enter into a contract with you and fulfill our contractual obligations to you. This processing is necessary for us to provide the service you have
requested including registering and managing your account and providing service updates and our support services.
- Consent: To provide information and take actions in relation to services which you have opted-in to receive. This includes where you specifically request
that your details be passed on to a third party or where you opt-in to receive relevant marketing communications from us (e.g. industry news and offers).
- Legal Obligation: Where processing is necessary to comply with legal or statutory requirement. This may include cooperating with police in relation to their
- Legitimate interest: To improve our Website, products and/or services, understand how visitors and customers use our Website, products and/or services, undertake
market research and inform our general marketing, to run our business and maintain the security or our Website and services for you, us, and other Website
visitors and customers.
Where consent is required for us to process certain types of your personal data, it must be clearly given. You may give us your consent to receive our marketing
communications and/or when you use the Website to request services provided by dealers.
Where you have given consent for CARISSIMUS o process your personal data you may withdraw consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will cease
processing your data based on that consent but this will not affect any processing we have undertaken at any time before withdrawal.
If you have given consent for your details to be passed to a party your data may already have been used by them to respond to your request before we can implement
your withdrawal or consent. In this event, you will need to contact that third party directly to withdraw your consent to their use of your personal data.
4. Disclosure of your information
CARISSIMUS will not pass on your personal data to third parties except as set out in this policy or with your consent. We may disclose your personal information
to third parties for the following purpose(s) and in the following circumstances as part of our processing activities:
- We may use service providers to help us run the Website or services available on the Website, some of whom may be based outside the EEA and the US. Some
of our WebPages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the 'Facebook Recommend' or Facebook Gestures' function). Information about your visit
to the Website may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on
the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform. If you have queries or
require more information on how these third parties use information, including transfers outside of the EEA and the US, please read their privacy policies
or contact them.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms
and conditions and any other agreements.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case CARISSIMUS may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers may be disclosed to the prospective buyer.
- We may share any information that we collect with parties including: our legal and professional advisors, the police, other public or private sector
agencies, governmental or representative bodies (which may include insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or other
agencies) in accordance with the relevant legislation for the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution
- You acknowledge that we have a legitimate business interest in preventing the use of our platform or services in any manner that may facilitate fraudulent
activity or deny consumers of their legal rights under the Consumer Protection. We may share any information that we collect about you or the vehicles
that you advertise on our platform with third parties or their legal representatives to the extent necessary to prevent fraud or any adverse effect to
those third parties consumer rights.
We are not responsible for any use of your personal data by these parties except where they act as our processor.
5. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely, and could be transferred outside the EEA. Payment card information, details you provide when requesting
dealer or other third party services through the Website and information you provide when using the Chat Service is handled in accordance with the relevant
service providers’ privacy policies and may be transferred and stored or processed by them outside of the EEA in accordance with their privacy policies. If
we transfer your data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that safeguards are in place to provide similar degree of protection is available to protect it.
This may include contractual protections in place with our service providers or transferring your data to countries or parties which are recognized as
providing suitable protection by the European Commission.
Certain parties to whom we disclose your personal data may transfer your data outside of the EEA after we disclose it to them as part of their business
and administration activities (see above, Disclosure of your information). We are not responsible for any use of your personal data by these parties
except where they act as our processor. If you have queries or require more information on how these third parties use your information, including such
transfers outside of the EEA, please read their privacy policies or contact them.
CARISSIMUS uses strict procedures and security features designed to prevent any unauthorized access to your data that we hold.
6. Retention period
CARISSIMUS will process personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for, including the purpose of legal, accounting and
reporting requirements, and for as long as necessary for the prevention and detection of criminal activity. The period for which we process and store the
personal data for varies depending on the use you make of the Website and the products and/or services we offer. Where you register an account or place an
advert we will retain your data for as long as your account and/or advert is live and a period after your account is closed or advert ends to enable us to
satisfy our legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which
case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access.- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. In the event that CARISSIMUS refuses your request under rights
of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
- Right of rectification.- You have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten.- In certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing .- Where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of portability .- In certain circumstances you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object.- You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing or profiling.
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority .- You have the right to complain as outlined in paragraph 8 below.
Please email us if you have any queries regarding your rights. You can exercise your rights as set out above or by email the above requests will be forwarded
8. Complaints and Contact
If you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by CARISSIMUS (or third parties as described above), or how your complaint has been handled, in the first instance please email your concerns to us. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority.
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data please contact us at: email@example.com